Vanderbilt's Pediatric Fellowship Programs are preparing physicians who are improving the health of children worldwide. The foundation of each program is acquiring clinical expertise and developing lifelong learning skills. An equally important part of our training programs is the expectation that each fellow will identify a research mentor and develop a research plan that leads to a scholarly work. Fellows, in concert with their training program director, will develop an individualized learning plan that features ongoing mentoring.
A special feature is the opportunity to pursue formal course work leading to a degree in:
Other important features of our fellowship training programs include:
- Access to NIH-sponsored training grants
- Assistance with preparation of applications to the NIH Loan Repayment Program
- Opportunities for collaborations with clinicians and scientists in other departments of the Medical School
- Competitive salaries and fringe benefits
- Career counseling and mentoring
- A free-standing Children's Hospital and clinics on the Medical Center Campus
- Large general clinical research center
Nashville is an exciting and affordable city with a temperate climate. The region has a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities, excellent restaurants, professional sports, and music of all genres (not just country music!). About our city.
For more information about our Fellowship Programs, contact: