Nashville is a vibrant and exciting city with a diverse number of attractions, events, bands, outdoor activities and local "farm-to-table" restaurants to explore! The Music City was recently named the "South's Red-Hot Town" by Time Magazine!
- Home of country music and healthcare!
- Nashville metropolitan area consists of 1.9 million people with cost of living around the national average
- There are multiple safe neighborhoods surrounding the Vanderbilt campus (some within walking distance!) that include affordable apartments, condos and homes
- Lots of residents with families choose to live in Nashville's fun suburbs with spacious housing, yards and boastful school systems within a 15-30 minute commute to work
Fun things to do in Nashville
Annual Food and Music Events:
- CMA Music Fest
- Nashville Restaurant Week: Semiannual "food crawl" that over 40 Nashville restaurants participate in providing special deals and new menu items
- Brew at the Zoo: Sample beers from local breweries while strolling through the Nashville Zoo and experience an animal show, live music and food from local food trucks
- Iroquis Steeplechase: Annual horse race, Vanderbilt Children's is the primary beneficiary
- Music City Hot Chicken Festival: On the Fourth of July, Nashville's best hot chicken creators offer up tastes of their famous spicy fried chicken dishes.
- Live on the Green: Yearly free music festival downtown.
- The Nashville Predators (Hockey)
- The Nashville Sounds (Baseball)
- The Tennessee Titans (NFL)
- Nashville Soccer Club