Faculty Awards Since September 1, 2017
February 23, 2018
- Michael DeBaun, M.D., M.P.H., Professor – Secretary-Treasurer and Council Member American Pediatric Society
- Todd Callahan, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Professor – BMA Medical Book of the Year 2017; British Medical Association
- Jay Shenai, M.D., Professor – Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Anna Morad, M.D., Assistant Professor – Elected to Board Tennessee Chapter of Academy of Pediatrics
- Leigh Howard, M.D., Assistant Professor – Pfizer Young Investigator Award in Vaccine Development; Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Pablo Juarez, M.Ed, Assistant in Pediatrics – President Elect, Tennessee Association for Behavior Analysis
- James Crowe, M.D., Professor – Fellow, National Academy of Inventors
- Deb Lowen, M.D., Associate Professor – Pediatrics Sub Board Chair; American Board of Pediatrics
- Amy Weitlauf, Ph.D., Assistant Professor – 2018 Early Career Award; American Association of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Arie Nettles, Ph.D., Associate Professor – Chair, Statewide Policy and Planning Council; Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
New Federal Reports on Autism and Transition to Adulthood
In the past few months, two federal reports were released on autism during the transition to adulthood and beyond. Julie Lounds Taylor, Ph.D., assistant professor of Pediatrics and Vanderbilt Kennedy Center investigator, contributed to both reports.
2017 Report to Congress: Young adults and transitioning youth with autism spectrum disorders
A comprehensive report to congress prepared by the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health in the US Department of Health and Human Services.
2016-2017 Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee Strategic Plan for Autism Spectrum Disorder
The plan provides guidance to federal agencies regarding autism research and services priorities
JAMA Peds Article Just Out
Bill Heerman, M.D., M.P.H., was the first author for a JAMA Peds viewpoint about early stage investigators and mentoring. Read the study.